The GERT team works with the wider community at a number of levels.
- 2019-ongoing: DARA and Catholic Care to support Refugees
- 2016: Kambala Independent Girl’s School, Sydney Professional Learning Day
- 2014: Professional Teachers’ Council NSW, Global Education Project. Prepared teaching publication for the Council on integrating Global Education through the curriculum. This is disseminated throughout Australia.
- 2013-ongoing : Bungwahl Public School /Stephanie Alexander Kitchen
- 2013: Visiting fellow presentation, Dr Fran Martin, University of Exeter. ‘Teachers’ professional development through study visits: creating postcolonial spaces for transformative, intercultural learning’.
- 2013-ongloing: Collaboration between Take 3 for The Sea Charitable Organisation and Jo Brown in a Global Education Course: Teaching Scientific Literacies. This course is designed to develop pre-service teacher’ scientific literacy using Take 3 for the Sea as a resource. The focus is on reducing on plastic pollution and connecting this to the NSW K-6 Science Syllabus.
- 2012-ongoing: Mayfield East Public School /Stephanie Alexander Kitchen
- 2012: Belair School Twitching in Schools and Urban Ecology program
- 2012: American student visit. Oakland University, Michigan: As a result of collaboration between Associate Professor Carolyn O’Mahony (US) and Ruth Reynolds and Sue Lane (GERT). Twelve teacher graduates from Oakland University, Michigan, recipients of Fulbright Hays Group Project Abroad funding titled “Artful Teaching Of/Across Cultures in New Zealand and Australia May-June 2012” visited the Ourimbah Campus on 31st May 2012.
Key words: PhD students PhD students University of Newcastle PhD Global Education PhD supervision PhD Supervisors University of Newcastle PhD Cooperative Learning PhD Environmental Education PhD History Education PhD Elementary Education PhD Social Justice PhD Intercultural Understanding PhD Children’s Literature PhD Citizenship Education PhD Global Citizenship PhD